Epicure Gift Hamper
Epicure Gift Hamper
Beautiful wine, gorgeous cheese & crackers make this the ideal gift for the lover of the finer things in life!
- Cote du Rhone Red Wine - Immediately impressive this wine reveals its class from the start. Brambly fruit underpinned by subtle oaky nuances, lovely sweet spice; warm star anise with a touch of cinnamon. This classic Côtes du Rhône Villages is enriched with specially-selected parcels from the cru vineyards of Séguret, Sablet and Cairanne.
- Brie de Meaux Donge - Made since 1930 by the undisputed kings of Brie de Meaux cheese. Rich and powerful in flavour with "mushroomy" notes. The promise of soft riches that glide down the tongue, as Brie de Meaux's cheese eases away from its crust. Brie de Meaux has fruity and vegetable undertones, with a smooth velvety texture. A complex, rich cheese. From the Ile de France outside Paris, and made by the Dongé family, full-flavoured, with a Camembert-like fruitiness. Brie de Meaux is the classic and original Brie cheese. It was famously crowned the ‘king of cheeses’ by Talleyrand in the 1814 Congress of Vienna. The cheese is made using unpasteurised milk from the local area; it takes 25 litres to make one 3kg cheese. Following traditional methods, the curd is hand-ladled before being drained and aged for 6-8 weeks. (Unpasteurised, Cow’s Milk.)
- Burts Blue - Cheesemaker Claire Burt from Knutsford Cheshire describes Burt’s Blue as a semi-soft ‘approachable’ blue with a creamy texture. Each cheese is hand-made, which involves cutting the curds, ladling, moulding, dry salting and wrapping every single one. Burt’s Blue Cheese is a semi-soft, award winning blue made, using top quality milk sourced from a local dairy. Each cheese is made in small vats making each cheese a labour of love. Burt’s Blue is a combination of craftsmanship and traditional cheese making, graded individually and wrapped to produce a rich and delicious cheese. (Pasteurised, Vegetarian, Cow’s Milk.)
- Vintage Lincolnshire Poacher - Simon and Tim Jones, at Lincolnshire Poacher Cheese, are absolutely committed to producing the very best cheese that they possibly can (with a little help from their 230 Holstein Fresian Cows!) using only their own unpasteurised milk and traditional methods. Vintage Poacher is taste selected and matured for 18 – 22 months, giving more depth and complexity with a nutty sweetness and long clean finish. Beneath the golden rind lies a cheese not dissimilar to a traditional West Country Cheddar – deep and rich in flavour, with a smooth lingering aftertaste with a slight nutty hint to give it that little bit of extra special sweetness. (Unpasteurised, Cow’s milk).
- Olive oil & sea salt crackers - Wheaty and crisp and sugar-free, flavoured with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt.
Please note: Wine glass, cheese knife and wooden board are for illustration purposes only and are not included with the hamper.
All items are subject to availability and we may make substitutions for items of the same quality. If you require a specific product please call the shop on 01565 751697 as we maybe able to help.